About the name "Pieris"
The name of the hotel starts with the letter „P“, like all the other facilities operated by the company Grand hotel Permon, s.r.o. (Permon – Permoník – Pinius – Pieris – Permon´s Paradise). The location, Podbanské, also starts with the letter P.
What does PIERIS mean?
- Pieris, also known as „Mountain Fire“ is a medium-sized, fast-growing shrub with decorative dark green leaves. Young leaves are dark red and form an excellent contrast to the large clusters of snow-white flowers.
- A special feature of all the shrubs are the striking colors of the new leaf shoots. Whether they are green or coloured, new shoots are always bright red or orange (Pieris floribunda is labelled as „Forest Flame“).
- These Lily of the Valley – like flowering pieris have very decorative, evergreen leaves and most kinds bloom early in spring. The Pieris Japonica has exquisite white clusters of flowers similar to Lily of the Valley.
- Pieris is frost resistant and can also be grown in our climate.
Hotel PIERIS ... Association of the name with the hotel:
- Pieris: Evergreen leaves with surprisingly red colours and beautiful, striking flowers.
Hotel Pieris: A three-star hotel with surprisingly good services and exquisite natural surroundings - the hotel is surrounded by a magical mountain environment with lovely weather all year round.
- Evokes nature (green), colourfulness (different colour shades), peace, harmony, relaxation (one type of Pieris has healing properties, relieves headaches), joy (blooms, flowers like Lily of the Valley), energy and life (evergreen shrub).
- It`s impossible to ignore, stunning – „Mountain Fire“ or „Forest Flame“.